Monday, April 11, 2011

Wit & Wisdom

You are never allowed to step on people to get ahead, but you can step over them if they are in your way. Temper is the one thing you cannot get rid of by losing it. On Leadership Good leadership requires you to surround yourself with people of diverse perspectives who can disagree with you without fear of retaliation. Doris Kearns Goodwin A leader is one who out of madness or goodness, volunteers to take upon herself or himself the woe of the people. There are few men and women so foolish, hence the erratic quality of leadership. John Updike At one time leadership meant muscles, but today it means getting along with people. Mohandas K. Gandhi When things go wrong in your company, start searching for the reason in increasingly large circles around your own two feet. General Bruce Clark Sometimes leadership is planting trees under whose shade you will never sit. Jennifer Grandholme, Michigan Governor

Ninety Nine Dollars

Once there was a very poor man who lived next door to a very troubled rich man. Everyday the poor man would sing songs and just be very free and happy.

The rich man thought this was very strange, so he asked his secretary,”Do you know why our neighbour, the poor man, is so happy? I have much more than he has, but I am nowhere as happy as he is.”

The secretary replied, “Boss, I can buy his happiness for only ninety nine dollars.”

“Sure, let me try and see,” answered the secretary.

So the rich man took out ninety nine dollars to give to the poor neighbour.

When the poor man found the money he was at first very happy. But that night he could not sleep because he kept calculating. “If I just earn one more dollar, I will have one hundred dollars.”

The next day the poor man again calculated, “If I just earn one more dollar then I will have one hundred and one dollars.”

After that the poor man no longer sang songs because he too begun to worry about how to earn money./TE

No comments:

Post a Comment