Tuesday, November 9, 2010

THE GOOD LIFE

Megs S. Lunn

Home Away from Home

Going to Roxas City once or twice a month is like a respite from my daily routine in Kalibo. The trip is almost like nothing as the road is smoother and the trip is only an hour and a half by van. If you get lucky, you can drive with a friend and or hitch with them.Entering Roxas City, one can feel at home. I remember the first time I came to know the city. That was 20 years ago, I was in high school then. Going back there 5 years ago reminded me of summer days. I still remember the old Marc’s Beach Resort where we used to play bowling. I frequently travel to Roxas City for nearly two years now. I almost live there. Like most Aklanons, the people are very accommodating and friendly. What is best is that Roxas City is the City nearest to Kalibo. The culture is different. The ambience is calming. No matter how I keep coming back to the city, it seems it is always a new sight to behold to me. You see the country side along the way and it is always refreshing. You see new subdivisions in progress, too.

Experience “hook and cook” at Capiz Bay Resort. It is one retreat place where you would enjoy to be. It is relaxing to go fishing and the most exciting part of it is you do not have to pay for the fish, although you pay for the pleasure of doing it. At the end of the day it teaches you patience, and you feel at peace with nature. Capiz Bay Resort faces the Pacific Ocean and is surrounded by the Panay Mountains at the back. It is a 20-hectares area of beach and mountains, boasts 3 duplex cottages, one separate family picnic island ground and one honeymoon cottage, restaurant, fishponds, together with a boating facilities, mountains for hiking, playgrounds, garden, picnic yard and children’s playground. Security and room service is 24 hours. The place is best for passionate writers, readers, honeymooners and retreat fanatics, whether you are alone or with your family or group.

San Antonio Resort and Village is the best hotel village at which you could stay. It fronts unto a beach, with a lined-up seafood restaurant. The city is known as the ‘Seafood Capital’ of the Philippines. The resort village offers first class amenities and facilities, notwithstanding that they are the best managed hotel business owned by a family patriarch in Capiz. It is a little less than 10 minutes from the city center. Whether you are looking for home away from home treatment, or a transient stay for just a night or two, there are many choices of inexpensive hotels in the city center, too.

I admire the ‘One Capiz’ slogan. Now the politicians and other allies’ political parties of Roxas City have nothing to complain about. When you say you are one, you can now work with one vision, one goal and for the good of all, with no risk of hurting each other or bullying other parties when there is disagreement on some various issues. They are now all one capiz, working for the common good. Even guests and investors in Roxas City benefits too.

The people of Roxas welcome visitors and guests with the same special treatment, whether they are frequent guests, returning guests or once in awhile stop-over guests. They will receive the same welcome from the warm people of Roxas City. Nothing can surpass staying with a host family. When you are in Roxas City, if you have a family friend, a new-found friend or a long-time friend, you will forever treasure the best hospitality of the host family. You get to know the culture more intimately and the best practices of family life in the city, too.
I always feel at home when I visit Roxas City./TE

No comments:

Post a Comment