Saturday, June 18, 2011

Wit and Wisdom

“If I were a girl I’d despair. The supply of good women far exceeds
That of the men who deserve them”. Robert Graves


“ Children are remarkable for their intelligence and ardour, for their curiosity, their tolerance of shams, the clarity and ruthlessness of their vision.” Aldous Huxley
“The secret of being miserable is to have the leisure to bother about whether you are happy or not.” George Bernard Shaw


“Never look down to test the ground before taking your next step: Only he who keeps his eye fixed on the horizon will find his right road.” Dag Hammarskjold
“Children are not happy with nothing to ignore. And that’s what parents are created for.” Ogden Nash


Do You Ever Notice....
......That we spend 18 months trying to get our children to stand up and talk and the next 18 years trying to get them to sit down and listen? Jim Heffelinger
....... That the hotel that charges you an arm and a leg a day for a room has the nerve to call you a guest? Flo Ashworth


Which Piece?
After putting on weight, I mentioned to my family that I would be wearing a one-piece bathing suit instead of my usual two piece suit. My five year old son was shocked, “which piece are you going to wear mum?” Teresa Peters

No comments:

Post a Comment